About David Sulzbacher
Since graduating from American University, Washington College of Law, cum laude, David has acquired a wide range of litigation experience working as a law clerk for the Honorable Daniel A. Boucher, as a public defender, and as a litigation associate at Christensen Fulton & Filz, PLLC. During law school, he worked for the Honorable Reggie B. Walton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, took summer associate positions at Keller Rohrback, LLP, in Seattle, WA, and Tilleke & Gibbons in Bangkok, Thailand, and interned at the American Bar Association.
Throughout his varied legal career, he has excelled most at research and writing and has found advocating for the rights of the accused to be the most rewarding pursuit. Thus, he founded The Law Office of David T. Sulzbacher with the mission of using his research and writing skills to support criminal defense attorneys as they fight to protect their clients’ rights against the heavy hand of the state.
Prior to law school, David taught English as a Second Language and coached basketball in northeastern Thailand. He also spent his summers while an undergraduate student at Willamette University working on a trail crew in the North Cascades with the U.S. Forest Service.
- J.D. (cum laude) – The American University Washington College of Law, Washington, DC
- M.A., International Affairs – The American University School of International Service, Washington, DC
- B.A., English – Willamette University, Salem, OR
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Montana (inactive)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (WACDL)
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ)